Carpet removal might seem like a daunting task, but with a little planning and the right tools, it can be easily accomplished. Here are a few tips to help make carpet removal a breeze:
- Make sure you have the right tools. You’ll need a utility knife, a carpet stretcher, a power drill, and a heavy duty vacuum.
- Start by removing all the furniture from the room. This will give you plenty of space to work and will make the job go much faster.
- Use the utility knife to cut the carpet into manageable pieces. You’ll want to cut along the seams and around any obstacles like furniture legs.
- Once the carpet is cut into pieces, use the carpet stretcher to loosen it from the floor. Insert the blades of the stretcher under the carpet and push down to release the adhesive.
- Vacuum up any loose carpet fibers and debris. Be sure to get all the way to the edges of the room so you don’t leave anything behind.
- Drill a hole in the center of each carpet piece. This will make it easier to fold and transport.
- Finally, fold up the carpet pieces and load them into a vehicle for disposal.
That’s it! With a little effort, you can easily remove carpet from any room in your home. If you need help, JunkDoctorsNJ is always here to lend a hand. Give us a call today and we’ll take care of everything for you.